Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To be or not to be - that is the question.


First published October 14, 2010 in my other blog.

In the last few weeks I've been agonising over what I'm doing here with this blog - with the fictional side of things I mean. Should I scrap that idea and be more of a factual advocate?


For months now I've racked my brains to figure out what I can do to get the truth out there about Michael. And as I've said here in my blog a few times before, there are already lots of other MJ fans that are posting great factual stuff. And bless them for doing so!


Whilst I need to discover the truth, sometimes I find it hard to go there. Rev. Barbara Kaufman of Inner Michael said it best during one of the "A Place in Your Heart" blog talk radio interviews. I think it was the one with Catherine Coy from MJTruthNow. They were discussing Mr. Bashir and Rev. Barbara called in to share her thoughts on the matter.

She described how to research her latest article into journalists and the media she had to go to a 'very dark place'. And that's exactly how I feel when I come across certain articles. I've collected transcripts of the Arviso children for example, and even though I know it is all lies, I still haven't been able to bring myself to read it all.  

So while I am determined to never stop seeking the truth about what has been done to Michael, I've just got the strongest feeling about the way I need to do it. 

I need things to be lighter sometimes, I need to escape.....

I want to give the world escapism through the wonder of great music and to reach the masses. - Michael Jackson

He most certainly achieved that aim.

My little stories, what I am trying to do with them - it just feels right to me and right for me.

Ultimately, what I would like to do is help the factual writers - but through fiction. Sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it - using fiction to spread truth.  But let me explain. As we all know, the problem is that the media has been free to portray Michael in the worst possible light - which is exactly what they have done.  And try as we might we are going to have a hard time getting them to correct their mistakes.

















But what if we can use pop culture for Michael instead of against him? 

By this I mean take TV shows or movies, things people do see everyday and insert our message in there. This seems to me to be one way to side step the media and give our message a chance to be heard. And my hope is that someone will read one of my stories, who isn't necessarily a MJ fan, and be curious enough to follow the link to one of the factual writers and learn the truth.

I would like to see this kind of approach taken to other aspects as well. I'll discuss that more in my next posting called "Legacy".

No comments:

Post a Comment