Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Call to Action

Hello all,

In my first posting, I wrote that I would be focusing on my little stories, seeing as there was already so many other fans out there doing a wonderful job in presenting factual information to challenge the negative and false perceptions of Michael Jackson.

In particular, the other fan sites I’m referring to are:


Those seven sites are deliberate choices. They do not all agree on who was Michael's friend and who was a foe. As a newcomer to all this, I think it behooves you to have differing opinions - you can then examine the sources the author has used and make your own determinations. (I am still finding my way!)

From Seven’s site I became introduced to “A Place in Your Heart” Blog Talk Radio with Reverend Catherine Gross. People can either listen live to the shows or download recordings of the interviews to listen to later on.

Whilst listening to one such recorded interview with Catherine Coy from MJTruthNow I had my first epiphany.

At the 1 hour 14 minutes and 15 seconds mark a caller named Judith asks Catherine Coy to talk about the transition MJ fans experience. Catherine says she sees the sequence of events like this:

Fan → Admirer → Advocate

I realized that I was at the admirer stage but was being propelled, or perhaps I should say compelled, towards becoming an advocate for Michael.

I’ve been doing a lot of MJ research – which, by the way, is why my most of stories are unfinished! – but now I do as Catherine suggests. Every time an article I read allows the reader to make a comment I make one. I do not want to repeat my mistakes of prior to Michael’s death when I said nothing when he was being attacked, scorned or ridiculed.

After Catherine explains the sequence, Judith comments on the energy of the MJ fans and how this needs to be harnessed on behalf of Michael….to protect and enhance his legacy.

Then, this past weekend, I listened to the ‘Reflections of the Dance’ series and I had a second epiphany.

Dr Patrick Treacy called in and expressed concerns about the upcoming trials and the effect it will have on MJ’s legacy.

My initial thoughts when Dr. Treacy said this was that Dr. Murray is so obviously guilty, in my opinion, of negligence (at the very least) that I didn’t have to worry.
These 2 images belong together!

Then it occurred to me that his concerns were valid. After all, Dr. Murray’s guilt is not what the media is likely to focus on, if we consider the media’s track record. No, they are more likely to seize on any sensational aspects with regards to Michael Jackson.

And then I got it. I understood what he meant. It stands to reason that the next major threat to Michael’s reputation is likely to come during first the Dr. Murray trial and later Katherine Jackson’s lawsuit against AEG.

Why? Because this is when the media’s attention will return to Michael Jackson in full force.

So any party or parties who have a reason to further denigrate Michael Jackson will have the perfect opportunity to do so.

From reading all the above mentioned websites, I’ve learnt that Michael had a lot of enemies. (The irony of that never fails to astound me seeing as he appears to have been the most kind-hearted man living in our time).

For me, the biggest area of concern is the unknown party. In all the mass of information out there so far I have not been able to ascertain who it is that is funding cash strapped Dr. Murray’s defense. I’m thinking either his medical insurance company or AEG’s Insurer but this is only a guess.  If it is an insurance company then we have an extremely motivated entity that will want to minimize their financial liabilities at all costs.

The other thing that prompts me now is what I see when I look at what is circulating around the MJ fans, MJ Fan-mily, Michael’s Soldiers of Love, the MJ Army – whatever name that is used.

 
I personally like the “MJ Army” because to me Michael was a King. Humans become part of modern day nobility through birth or marriage. But in the beginning, it was a man’s character that led to him having the title of King bestowed upon him. He earned it, from his acts of courage on the battlefield, his intelligence and his leadership ability. The media scoffed at Michael’s ‘King of Pop’ title but he earned it. His career achievements and humanitarian efforts are both legendary. 

 Kings have armies. They need their armies to protect the King and the kingdom.
 
Artwork by Bellafina. My thanks as always...
Even though I may prefer the name “MJ Army” I think the name “MJ Fan-mily” might be more appropriate. There are so many of us, so whilst we all share a love for Michael, like in any family there will be disagreements and some fighting.

If Dr. Treacy is right, and I have given you my reasons for believing he is, then we the MJ Fan-mily can not afford to allow our focus to be diverted away from our mission. We owe it to Michael, if not to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment