Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Why do zoo animals get better treatment than what Michael received?

I imagine that question has crossed the minds of other MJ fans besides me. I love watching animal documentaries and whenever there are scenes where the animals are being treated and an anesthesia is administered, I’m always struck by how many people are present to ensure all goes well. I can’t help but think of Michael Jackson- a human being – left alone by that irresponsible man who calls himself a doctor.

Today, when I was working on another posting, I was watching an episode of ‘The Zoo’ and a silverback gorilla named Rigo (he is pictured above) had to have surgery to remove a damaged tooth. Attending to him were two vets and a human doctor – and on top of that there was the zoo staff as well. Please don’t get me wrong – I am glad this many people were monitoring Rigo. That is the way it should be, our wildlife is precious and humans should take this much care with all animals, especially those we have put on the endangered list.
Michael loved gorilla's - as seen here firsthand by a very lucky fan indeed!
But at the same time, it reminds me that our beloved Michael was left alone, after he had been given that fatal dose. Why? Not just why did that incompetent fool leave him alone, but why was there not a nurse present to assist the doctor to monitor his patient? It seems to me that if Michael had regularly used that drug to combat insomnia – I don’t necessarily believe this is true but it is what the defense are claiming – then wouldn’t they have to have taken into consideration the length of time Michael would be under? If it were a regular occurrence like they claim, surely they would have anticipated the need for someone to relieve the doctor from time to time?

Even if you can get past: 1. That drug being administered outside of a hospital setting and 2. the lack of another medical professional present, why wasn’t one of Michael’s staff called to sit with their boss whilst the doctor was absent from Michael’s bedside? Michael had his household staff there in that Holmby Hills mansion, his chef Kai Chase and the children’s nannies not to mention the security personnel. Why wasn’t one of these people called to sit with Michael when the doctor realized he had to leave his patient?

I’m not just asking from the doctor’s point of view either. I mean, if I was Michael and I wanted a doctor to administer a drug like Propofol to me because I wanted to sleep for X amount of hours; I would expect the doctor might need to leave my side to use the restroom, for example. I wonder what Michael thought would happen in this instance, who did Michael think was looking after him?


For all the multitude of people who constantly surrounded Michael Jackson throughout his life, he finally got some privacy – but at the worst possible time! It’s unbelievable to me that such a remarkable, irreplaceable individual like Michael could be left alone like that.  


Rigo had at least half a dozen people present whilst he was under anesthesia. Michael Jackson had only one? Why?

Perhaps the upcoming involuntary manslaughter trial will answer these questions…


When it comes to this subject, one of the best sources I've found is Nikki Alligators blog "From the branches of the giving tree". I am grateful at least, like during the preliminary hearing, I could turn to my fellow MJ bloggers for the news. The details were horrendous, and sent me spinning away in distress, but I imagine it would have been far worse if delivered from the traditional media.

No comments:

Post a Comment