Thursday, July 28, 2011

When I think of these ladies...

I love the TV game show Jeopardy and watch it everyday. It’s on twice a day here in Australia but the episodes are old; from 2009 & 2010.

The carry over champion was a lady named Liz, and there seemed something familiar to me about her. By the time she became a 3 day winner I was starting to think might be Seven Bowie of mj-777.com (because she sounded an awful lot like her) – that is, until she failed to answer this question:

 
A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK TV HOST & LEGAL ANALYST LISA BLOOM IS PICTURED HERE WITH THIS LAWYER – HER MOM


NO ONE GUESSED IT. JUST GOES TO SHOW INTELLIGENT PEOPLE DON’T PAY ANY ATTENTION WHATSOEVER TO GLORIA ALLRED!

I never thought I would happily be putting a photo of this woman in my blog, especially as Michael is not even in the photo with her (that's the only way Bashir got his mug in my blog). But this really made me smile. All too often, us fans can get overwhelmed by those who have hurt Michael and give them far greater importance than what they deserve. Perhaps we forget that if not for the tie (however brief) to Michael Jackson, they are of little consequence.

Gloria Allred caused Michael trouble, first when she initially represented the Chandler family and later when she went on TV suggesting Michael's children should be taken away from him. It was the latter that prompted this rare outburst from Michael - when asked how he would respond to her, first he asks:

“Who’s that?”

 As I said, intelligent people don’t pay any attention to Gloria Allred!

Like most people, Michael did not know who she was. I certainly had never heard of her before. But he does answer the question – he says:

"Ah….tell her to go to hell!"


(I wish this wasn't a TMZ video...I'll try to replace it )

Even though it is the incredible kindness and inherent goodness of Michael that is the main reason I (and many, many others) are so devoted to him, I adore these rare flashes of anger/annoyance. They are so rare (I can only think of two or three other instances), and considering all that he went through that is surprising.
So I'll add the Jeopardy answer to the above video and that is what I'll conjure up whenever I hear or see the name Gloria Allredwrong.

For Ms Diane Deadmind, I use her own words. In this appearance on The View, (at the 00:04:00) she recounts how during the trial when Michael notices her, he growls at her and makes a gesture like slit your throat. In that case, not only do I love that he let her know exactly how he felt about her, I have to laugh when you see her surprise. If she was the Michael Jackson expert she claimed to be, she would know that she must be really bad to illicit this response from Michael.




This is the man that could forgive the British teenagers who bashed and killed the 3 year old toddler. He was able to forgive his father, even the accusers who made those horrible false allegations, he was able to excuse them, saying that their parents made them do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment